Author Topic: OSX 10.5.6 Server, After Effects CS4  (Read 3130 times)

haich11

OSX 10.5.6 Server, After Effects CS4
« on: April 03, 2009, 07:19:50 PM »
Not sure if anyone else has experience this but I've been having some issues using Qube and After Effects CS4.

We're all osx here and have got an iMac running OSX Server 10.5 which hosts all our studio File Shares and the Qube Supervisor.

Not sure if you fixed a similar post from 'craigrussillroy' regarding an error -609 AEsend failed to send to Apple on line 712

I was having the same problem but seem to have found the problem and solution.

The problem I was having that when I was setting up the render in After Effects I was using the finder to navigate to the directory I wanted to render to. This was causing an issue because the afp path through the finder is not the same as the smb share I've set up on the server. There's no way, as far as I know, of typing the path into After Effects but you can force it.

In our case we've hooked up our smb through Directory Utility and the share is called 'Jobs' which sits under 'Volumes'. Volumes is hidden by default in the Finder so to get to it you need to do the following:

In the Finder choose 'Go' then 'Connect to Folder...'

Type /Volumes

If you've set your share up here then you should see your 'Jobs' folder/symlink.

If you drag that folder/symlink from the Finder into the 'Output Movie to' window in the After Effects render queue this should force the correct path and allow Qube to read it properly.

I hope that makes sense. It was driving me slightly mad so I hope it can help someone. If anybody knows of any better solutions I'd love to hear it/them.

Thanks.