Author Topic: Worker hostnames are not showing up in the QubeGUI  (Read 4986 times)

rtaege

Worker hostnames are not showing up in the QubeGUI
« on: April 20, 2009, 03:09:34 PM »
Everything was working fine, until I installed 3ds Max 2010. Since then, none of my worker hostnames show up when I browse for them.

I'm on Windows XP 32bit. All the workers are also windows. Running QubeGUI 5.3.1

I unsintalled Max, but it did not fix the problem. My main concern now is just being able to render to the workers again, not neccesarily to get it working with max 2010.

Scot Brew

• PipelineFX
Re: Worker hostnames are not showing up in the QubeGUI
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 08:50:31 PM »
The common cause of this in the QubeGUI is that all the hosts are being filtered out from the display. 
  • Something is in the filter box (top right corner of the GUI) -- clear that text box and everything should show up.
  • The filter buttons (left side of the toolbar) are not depressed -- click on those buttons to make sure they are toggled to "show".

To verify that your machine is able to "see" the Workers outside of the GUI, from a commandline, type "qbhosts".  That should give you a listing of all of your Workers.

Scot Brew

• PipelineFX
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 08:54:49 PM »
If jobs are not showing up, additionally the toggle buttons in the Job Layout should also be checked that they are correctly depressed to "show".

rtaege

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 03:25:14 PM »
There's nothing in the upper right text box and the filter buttons are set to show all.

When I type qbhosts in the command prompt, I get this message returned.

ERROR: udp receive socket timed out.
ERROR: couldn't obtain data from supervisor.

Thanks for the help thus far.

rtaege

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 03:54:50 PM »
OK, i got it fixed.

I went into the configuration utility and noticed that all the settings were deleted out of there. So after I entered in Supervisor Host, Domain and Windows Domain again, restarted the QubeGUI, it connected and all my hosts were listed.

It's just weird that this happened all of the sudden, and right after I installed 3dsmax 2010. I wonder if something that was installed along with the program cleared it out somehow. I'm curious to see if anyone else has had this same issue?

Maybe it has something to do with Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable that gets installed with Max 2010?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 05:07:55 PM by rtaege »