Author Topic: 3dsmax : error initializing backburner path system  (Read 11557 times)

throb

3dsmax : error initializing backburner path system
« on: May 09, 2010, 01:59:36 PM »
I am kinda beating my head into a wall over this.
I get this error ("error initializing backburner path system") on some machines but not others.  Specifically, I get it on all our workstations but our render nodes are a-ok.

I have no idea what could possibly be causing this.  I disable the windows job object, and I copy the max file locally and name it [scenefile].[agenda_item].max and then delete it when done.

This is driving me batty.  Any help is appreciated.

jburk

• Administrator
Re: 3dsmax : error initializing backburner path system
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 01:26:57 PM »
Is there any difference in the Max install or configuration between the render nodes and the workstations?

throb

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 01:57:20 PM »
Not as far as I know.  Double click on installer, etc.
I wish I even knew what this error meant.

jburk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 04:23:42 PM »
is backburner installed on the render nodes, but not the workstations?

BarsTone

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 11:03:03 PM »
Ok, now I'm experiencing the same problem. I have 8 nodes and 3 workstations all running Max 2010, XP 64-bit, Qube 5.5.0, and V-ray 1.50sp4a. One of the workstations gives the error "error initializing backburner path system". If I uninstall backburner, it says "unknown error starting program" instead when I try to render using Qube. Interestingly, when I copy and paste the command from Qube into a command prompt, it renders fine. Any ideas?

BarsTone

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 12:19:11 AM »
I solved the problem! Although I certainly can't credit the error log with giving me any freaking clue as to what was going on. The error was "error initializing backburner path system". What it SHOULD have said is "the user 'qubeproxy' doesn't have administrator privileges". Simply giving qubeproxy administrator privileges solved the problem. Hopefully this helps someone else.