Author Topic: Frames are put into two different folders  (Read 4065 times)

BrodyB

Frames are put into two different folders
« on: November 18, 2010, 08:03:59 PM »
We've been having an issue where Qube jobs render to the folder we designate them to, and then late into the job, decide to switch to rendering into a different folder. The result is that most of our rendered images show up in one place, and then we have to go searching for the other half. We're not sure if this is tied to any specific jobtype, but attached is the Stdout of a RenderMan Maya job doing it.

Software Used:
- Qube 6.0.2
- Maya 2009 Service Pack 1a x64 Complete
- RenderMan 4

jburk

• Administrator
Re: Frames are put into two different folders
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 11:59:51 PM »
Any chance that the user is re-saving the Maya scene half-way through the renders?

Are you exporting to RIB, and then using prman to render, or rendering with renderman directly from the maya scene file?

BrodyB

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 04:42:39 AM »
There's a possibility that someone is opening the scene while it's rendering, but the example I provided wasn't being touched at the time it made the switch. All our renders are using RenderMan directly through Maya - no middleman software.

jburk

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 11:59:20 PM »
Really odd, but I can't think of anything that Qube would be doing that would cause this.  This is using the 'Maya' jobtype, not the 'cmdrange' jobtype, correct?

I'm asking because if it's the Maya jobtype, Maya opens the scene, gets a frame number from the supervisor, sets the time slider that frame via the MEL currentTime, and then executes the render command.  When it's done the frame it asks for another frame number from the supervisor, runs currentTime again, and starts to render.  Once the job has started, very little changes.

Also, can you re-post the stdout, it was 0KB when you posted it before, and please also post the stderr output.  perhaps zip them both up together and post the zip.

Have you tried opening a case with Pixar (or whoever provides support for RfM)?

BrodyB

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 01:58:03 AM »
Oh whoops, I'm sorry. It is blank!

This is a Maya job. On this Stdout, it switches from putting renders into the correct folder to putting them in a completely different one.

I can't seem to post the Stdout since it's a little over 1MB, so I've gimped both files so they're postable.

[attachment deleted by admin]