Author Topic: bug with icons  (Read 5604 times)

nine020ho

bug with icons
« on: January 06, 2005, 07:41:55 PM »
when you install the qube in a location other than c:\program files\qube, the icons do not show up . 

I am trying to install the Qube on our main shared disk so that when we have new Qube job types, I can put them in one spot and everyone gets them without.

anthony

• Senior Software Engineer
Re: bug with icons
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 08:06:56 PM »
Hey nine020ho,

There are actually several ways this can be addressed.  I'll go through the recommended method first.

When configuring each client and worker machine, qube uses a template path for finding job types.

This is the worker_template_path option in the qb.conf file located here: C:\winnt\qb.conf or C:\windows\qb.conf

Normally this is set to:  C:\Program Files\qube\types

However for cases where you create your own 'custom' types and want them network located, it's simpler to do this:

worker_template_path = "C:\Program Files\qube\types;N:\my network\types"

Both the worker and the client applications such as the GUI will use this setting. 

To address the icons problem, the gui normally derives the icons location from the qb_directory path in the qb.conf file.  If you are moving the installation, you need to modify the qb_directory to match the new location:

qb_directory = "N:\network path"

Thanks,
              Anthony

Pipelinefx L.L.C. - Software Engineer

when you install the qube in a location other than c:\program files\qube, the icons do not show up .

I am trying to install the Qube on our main shared disk so that when we have new Qube job types, I can put them in one spot and everyone gets them without.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2005, 08:13:13 PM by anthony »

MrOrange

• PUA Books
Re: bug with icons
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 02:48:37 AM »
Thanks for the fix. Very helpful.
For PUA openers and routines visit PUA in Training