Author Topic: XSI Jobtype Plugin Error  (Read 5068 times)

mlotierz

XSI Jobtype Plugin Error
« on: November 20, 2008, 06:27:59 PM »
I'm a student lab administrator at Rutgers University in Camden, NJ. I'm relatively new to Qube! and am trying to implement Qube! 5.4 into our lab's renderfarm, but I seem to get an error message when I try to load the "QubeSubmit.py" plugin file.  I have all the updates versions of the XSI jobtype, Qube! core, and Qube! worker. I have ActivePython 2.4 and ActivePerl 5.8 installed on this test machine with the environment variables pointing to the right directory.

Here's the error message from within XSI:

# INFO : Qube location (from QBDIR): C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\

# INFO : Appending to python path "C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\/api/python"

# ERROR : Traceback (most recent call last):

# File "<Script Block >", line 45, in ?

# import qb

# ImportError: Bad magic number in C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\api\python\qb\__init__.pyc

# - [line 45 in C:\Program Files\pfx\jobtypes\xsi\QubeSubmit.py]

There is no "Qube.py" file as the documentation states there should be, so I assumed this "QubeSubmit.py" file was what I needed. There is also no api for versions 6.5 or 7.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scot Brew

• PipelineFX
Re: XSI Jobtype Plugin Error
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 09:12:39 PM »
Issue: The line 45 of the QubeSubmit.py script is trying to import the qb python module.  That module is by default located at C:/Program Files/pfx/qube/api/python/qb.

The error message ImportError: Bad magic number that you received is a result of a stale qb/__init__.pyc file that cannot be updated from the qb/__init__.py script, or was compiled from an incompatible flavor or version of python.  More information on the issue can be seen from the following python post.

http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2002-January/121561.html

Solution:
  • Confirm that the C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\api\python\qb\__init__.py exists.
  • Remove the C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\api\python\qb\__init__.pyc file.
  • Try a submit through XSI.

If you are still having troubles, then it may be an incompatibility with the python version that XSI is using and the one installed on your system.  There also might be a write permissions issue with that C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\api\python\qb\ directory.  Please let us know the specifics on the XSI version (including if it is 32-bit or 64-bit), the Operating System (including if it is 32-bit or 64-bit), and the versions of Qube installed.

mlotierz

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 05:38:17 PM »

If you are still having troubles, then it may be an incompatibility with the python version that XSI is using and the one installed on your system.  There also might be a write permissions issue with that C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\api\python\qb\ directory.  Please let us know the specifics on the XSI version (including if it is 32-bit or 64-bit), the Operating System (including if it is 32-bit or 64-bit), and the versions of Qube installed.

The version of XSI being used is 6.5 (32-bit), the operating system running is Windows XP Professional SP2, and the version of Qube! installed is 5.4.

I attempted to remove the "C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\api\python\qb\__init__.pyc" file and have still come up empty-handed.

mlotierz

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 06:01:58 PM »
Furthermore, when I do delete that compiled Python file, I receive this error message from within XSI:

# INFO : Qube location (from QBDIR): C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\
# INFO : Appending to python path "C:\Program Files\pfx\qube\pi\python"
# ERROR : Traceback (most recent call last):
#   File "<Script Block >", line 45, in ?
#     import qb
# ImportError: No module named qb
#  - [line 45 in C:\Softimage\XSI_6.5\Application\Plugins\QubeSubmit.py]

However, there is a folder in that location named "qb" that doesn't have anything in it now however.

Scot Brew

• PipelineFX
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 08:41:20 PM »
It looks like the qb python module is missing files.  Please reinstall and verify that there are the following files in the .../pfx/qube/api/python/qb/ directory:
  • __init__.py
  • _qb23.pyd (or dll)
  • _qb24.pyd (or dll)
  • _qb25.pyd (or dll)